There you are, sitting around searching through Clickbank looking for something to promote. Maybe you want to get involved with a new niche and you are getting excited while trying to earn some money with affiliate marketing.
As you are searching through looking for that one product that you think could be what you are looking for and wouldn’t mind promoting, trying to make some money online you think there might be a problem… You have no idea about this niche. It seems to be an “insider’s niche” where they have their own slang and you would stick out like a sore thumb.
How do you go about writing your own sales page, autoresponder or articles without it looking like you know nothing about this subject?
No need to get in a rut; there are a few things you can do to quickly get up to speed with this new foreign niche.
1. Get on over to the product creators sales page and read it carefully. Be sure to take note of their bullet points, and create your own off of these. Their sales page probably uses slang words and you just need to study them and try to figure out what they mean.
2. Go to Clickbank and find some competing Clickbank products and study their bullet points and wording as well.
3. You could go over to Amazon.com and read some of the pages inside the book where they have that “Look Inside…” feature operational.
4. Now go and find yourself some forums on the niche and read up on it. Be sure to take some notes also. And ask questions if you don’t understand something, but try not to spend to much time in there. As you are asking your questions, make sure you are asking them using a nickname. Remember, you are going to be an expert soon.
5. You could also find some really helpful information on Wikipedia. You are likely to find some of the slang involved in their niche. I would consider Wikipedia a real go-to when you’re trying to learn about a new niche; they can give you additional links to other pages you should read to familiarize yourself with the niche.
6. Use Google to do some research by putting various terms in your search engine and reading some of the suggested websites. Bam, you have instant material for you to learn from. Google can also be a wealth of information.
7. Also remember, you can buy the product you want to promote and go through it. Jot down what you find interesting about it and then you can turn those into benefits for your own sales page, write bullet points and articles.
Just remember that you don’t have to be the expert in this new niche, you just have to know enough to put together a sales guide without looking like an idiot.
If you want to create that product as your own for the niche, that’s one thing. But, if your aim is to sell someone else’s product through your sales page or squeeze page, then try not to go overboard. Always remember, time is money and it’s likely this is not the only niche you’re working or want to work in.