Lots of users have found out how WordPress has become a blogging darling because of the unlimited beautiful templates available for free download and the wealth of widgets and plug-ins to use. There are still many who consider WordPress difficult to use and confusing. Here are five benefits being discussed here which should make WordPress easier to understand.
1. Probably the biggest confusion with WordPress is between two different sites with similar names: WordPress.com and WordPress.org. They have different uses and different meanings for your business.
By using WordPress.com, your blog will be hosted on their servers and, as a result, you will be somewhat at the mercy of their ups and downs, including their regulations.
By using WordPress.org, you will have a free downloadable version that you will be able to host on your own server or shared hosting account. You will then be in 100 percent control of your own blog, while you are using the benefits of the WordPress software and installation. You can install it on your own computer.
2. Then you have a group of people, particularly those new to blogging and WordPress, that believe that WordPress is too complicated to deal with. That is just not true at all. For instance, WordPress has two free options to select from. One will present to you a blogging platform that you can create without knowing any techie stuff at all. The other will require a little more technical knowledge as you are defining your blog and installing the benefits you want yourself.
With WordPress you have enough widgets to install to keep almost any technogroupie happy for a very long time. As you get comfortable with your new blog, pick the widgets you want to install, read the directions and have some fun.
3. If you have plans of using your blog for starting a business and attract income streams, you will find plenty of plugins that will help you get the most out of Adsense and affiliate programs.
One thing you should be aware of, if you plan on using WordPress.com, you will not be able to have a commercial or business blog. Money-making blogs have to be self-hosted, which requires WordPress.org.
4. There are those who see WordPress as being fussy and requiring lots of attention, including constant maintenance. Nothing could be further from the truth. In no time at all, you can easily install plugins, backup your blog database and restore it. And move your blog to another website if you would like to without lots of trouble.
With the templates, you can generate new pages dynamically. There is a Template Editor tool and Template Tags so you can control the way your content is presented without using confusing PHP scripts.
5. An additional benefit of using WordPress.org is that you can use it to create a stand-alone blog or make it part of your website without having to code it separately. The file editor that comes with every installation of WordPress.org will make editing your templates and other related files easy.
Granted, there are still plenty of beliefs about WordPress and how difficult it is to use, but most, if not all, of those beliefs are not accurate. A really good thing to do when you are getting use to Internet Marketing in any situation is to keep an open mind. Check the facts out yourself and read the documentation and FAQs that are freely available with most applications.