If you were to take a look you will find quite a few articles on video marketing all over the internet. Most are trying to tell you about the things you need to buy or what is the best way to produce your videos. And given that there is so much information available it could lead you to information overload. But it does not have to be so confusing and you can easily get started on making your own videos that can get you more traffic and help produce more sales.
Take these 5 basic points that you may want to consider and should keep in mind as you get started:
1. Have you thought about what kind of videos to make? How do you want to present the information to your target audience? For instance, if your niche happens to be internet marketing and you want to teach your visitors how to do something online, that can be easily accomplished by using video with the help of some type of software (which can be found online and some of it even free) that can take shots of your computer screen and put those shots together and add a little narration into a video.
Now if you are trying to demonstrate something offline it can be accomplished with a video camera and maybe a tripod or even with a flip camera. A good camera and tripod or a flip camera should be a couple hundred dollars.
With the good video equipment you will also need a quality microphone to make sure anyone watching the video will also be able to hear and understand what you are saying. This also should not cost a lot, maybe between $35-50.
2. Be sure to provide an outline. No need to waste your customers time by hemming and hawing through your script on your video. You will lose your audience real fast. No one is expecting you to have professional actors but you want to sound casual and sound like you know what you are talking about. Good thing about videos is if you make a mistake you can go back and re-do it.
3. Try to keep your videos short and to the point. Usually about 3-5 minutes should do. Remember, you are just trying to provide them with a teaser not tell them everything. You are just trying to give them something of value so they will get to know and trust you so they will feel better about buying something form you. You can keep a few things to yourself at this point.
4. Make sure you pick out some good well targeted keywords that are related to your niche market. You will want to find between 3-5 keywords that are getting some high monthly searches and offer some low competition.
5. Get your videos out to the video directories. Most people are aware of Youtube but you will discover that there are a number of other directories online that are just as valuable that you can submit your quality videos. You can just do a search online to find them. As you are submitting your videos don’t forget to include the keywords that you discovered in step 4 as you are writing out the title, tags and description. That can help to make sure your videos are seen, if you are lucky a lot and that can help to drive traffic to your website.
See, that wasn’t as bad as you thought it would be. There is no reason to be overwhelmed or need to over think anything. So, with all of the video marketing articles you may be reading online, I hope this will clear up a few things for you and make it easier for you. The bottom line is to just get it done. The more you do it and the more practice you have at it the easier it will become. Then you will know all of the tricks and tactics to use to make your efforts better and better all the time.